Message from President
"Creating a better future
for Korea with safety as the top priority."
As Korea's only research institute dedicated to nuclear energy, the Korea Atomic Energy
Research Institute (KAERI) was established in 1959 with the goal of achieving energy
self-reliance through nuclear technology.
We have paved the way for Korea's nuclear industry to break new ground.
Among our key achievements are the design and construction of the Korean Standard
Nuclear Power Plant, localization of nuclear fuel, localization of research reactors,
and development of radioactive technology.
In this age of energy transition and the fourth industrial revolution,
KAERI has established new R&D directions in accordance with the government's strategies for
the development of nuclear technology.
Accordingly, the institute has set five new research directions: to solve social issues,
createjobs, contribute to the national development strategy, prepare society for the future,
and lay a solid foundation in science.
KAERI prioritizes safety in its pursuit of the five research directions. We will exert
efforts to ensure the safety of nuclear facilities and R&D activities.
We will increase transparency, in terms of both research and management.
We hope to earn the trust of the people, including members of the local community,
by communicating actively and maximizing nuclear safety.
KAERI, which has contributed to national growth over the past 60 years, seeks to establish itself as an institute for the people. It will set new standards, placing greater emphasis on safety and
human life, and produce the best possible outcomes in research. All members of KAERI staff, promise to work to develop nuclear technology that people can depend on to be safe and reliable.
President, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI) Ha Jae Joo
- About the President
President,Ha Jae Joo
Korea Atomic Energy
Research Institute (KAERI)
- B.S. in Nuclear Engineering, Seoul National University
- M.S. in Nuclear Engineering, Ohio State University
- Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering, Ohio State University
- 2017. 03. 17. ~ PresentPresident, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI)
- 2015. 03. ~ 2017. 03.Head, Division of Nuclear Development, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA)
- 2012.Member of Preparatory Committee on Highly Enriched Uranium Minimization, Nuclear Security Summit
- 2011. 12. 27.Won the Order of Science and Technology Merit, Ungbi Medal
- 2011. 12. ~ 2014. 03.Vice President, Advanced Reactor Development, KAERI
- 2010. 07. ~ PresentVice President, Korea Risk Management Society
- 2010. 01. ~ 2011. 11.Vice President, Research Reactor Utilization and Development KAERI
- 2008. ~ 2014.Representative of Korean consortium on export of research reactors (Jordan's JRTR, Netherlands' PALLAS and OYSTER, South Africa's DIPR)
- 2008. 12. ~ 2009. 12.Vice President, Nuclear Basic Science and Technology, KAERI
- 2008. 09. ~ 2014. 08.Adjunct professor, Department of Nuclear and Quantum Engineering, KAIST
- 2007. 04. ~ 2008. 12.Vice President, Nuclear Safety Research, KAERI
- 2003. ~ 2005.Member, Systems subcommittee, Nuclear Safety and Security Commission
- 1999. 04. ~ 2007. 03.Director, Integrated Safety Assessment Division, KAERI
소스입니다. Ctrl+C를 눌러 클립보드로 복사하세요 팝업레이어닫기