Hot cell facilities and technologies have been established to test failure analysis, degradation evaluations, mechanical properties, thermal properties and metallurgical observations of materialsㆍcomponentsㆍfuels irradiated in Hanaro or nuclear power plants. In addition, radioactive wastes accompanying the hot cell testing are treated in safety. Operation of the big infra-facilities of IMEF, PIEF and RWTF is contributing to R&D of nuclear basis and competitiveness of nuclear industry.
- Hot cell examinations of the irradiated materials and fuels
- Surveillance tests and life assessment of structural components
- Irradiation performance tests of spent fuels
- Safety storage and volume reduction of radioactive wastes
- Physical and chemical characterization of waste forms
- Infrastructure supply to a sustainable fuel cycle R&D