KAERI is at the forefront of nuclear fusion research, laying a stepping stone for the future by using plasma, beam utilization, and radio frequency technology. KAERI has conducted nuclear fusion research since the 1980s and designed, manufactured and operated small and medium fusion research devices of KT-1, KT-2. KAERI has also acquired fundamental technology on fusion research by participating in national and international fusion R/D projects including KSTAR and ITER.
KAERI will continue to make efforts to develop an unlimited clean energy source for the future by linking nuclear technology, which has already reached a world - class level, with fusion technology.
- Design and manufacturing of KT-1, KT-2, small and medium nuclear fusion research devices
- Development of a neutral beam injection system, a radio frequency heating device
- Design of a fusion reactor and the development of its material technology
- Utilization of plasma and radio frequency technology in defense, medicine, environment and semiconductor manufacturing
- Participation in national and international fusion R/D projects (KSTAR, ITER)