KAERI is also developing the manufacturing technology for various functional
materials for industrial applications by radiation and solving environmental
problems including wastewater and air pollution. Radiation industry technology
is contributing to the development of an advanced science and industry in the
fields of polymer, electronics, aerospace, automobile, and defense.
It is being utilized in various areas such as the functional material synthesis,
radioisotope tracer technology and radiation detection instrumentation technology.
Radiation environment technology is widely used to develop the treatment
technology for waste, wastewater, ground water, soil, and air pollution.
It utilizes the radiation properties of an oxidation-reduction, a sterilization,
and a detoxification of toxic chemicals.
- Development of the manufacturing technology for medical,
composite and nano materials
- Development of the fundamental technology for radiation detection instruments
- Development of the technology for material performance improvement
by an ion implantation
- Development of the treatment technology for the PCBs of waste transformer
- Development of organic fertilizer production technology by using organic
- Development of textile dye wastewater treatment technology