KAERI is supplying radioisotopes and their application technologies, which have been utilized in various areas at home and abroad. Currently, KAERI-produced RIs are used in such various areas for medicine, industry, agriculture and life sciences.
KAERI will focus its efforts on developing new radio-materials, along with its production and application technology for RIs, while expanding the application scope and the export overseas.
- Development of a Holmium-166 chitosan complex(new pharmaceutical
No.3) as a therapeutic agent for incurable diseases
- Development of an iodine-131 capsule for the treatment of thyroid gland
- Development of an iridium-192 source for medical use and non-destructive test
- Development of technology for the diagnosis of an internal flowing malfunction of industrial equipment at
oil refineries and for the petrochemical companies
- Diagnosis of large-scale industrial processing facilities and the exploitation of environment resources